From the Presbyterian-St. Luke's Hospital School of Nursing Records, #4778, Rush University Medical Center Archives, Chicago, Ill. See webpage for more information: http://rushu.libguides.com/rusharchives. Presbyterian-St. Luke's Hospital School of Nursing (PSLHSN) was created upon the merger of Presbyterian Hospital and St. Luke's Hospital in 1956. The combined school closed in 1968 after graduating its ninth class. In 1969, the hospital affiliated with Rush Medical College, which was re-activated after closing in 1942. This corporation became Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in 1969. Rush University was subsequently established in 1972, and its College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences admitted its first students in 1973. The Bulletin of the School of Nursing of Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital includes information for prospective students, including a description of the school, a brief history, course descriptions and internship requirements, extracurricular activities, facilities descriptions, admission requirements, fee information, and lists of faculty. The Bulletin was released biannually. Some years include the tagline, “Education + Internship.”
OcrABBYY FineReader 11.0 (Extended OCR)
Possible copyright statusIn copyright. Digitized with permission of Rush University Medical Center, Chicago IL. Contact the Rush Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.